- This event has passed.
Morehouse Open Farm Day – October 15, 2021
October 15 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
Welcome to Morehouse Farm Open Farm Day!
We’re so thrilled to be able to have you visit our farm for this one special day. It’s truly a magical place!
You’ll have the opportunity to meet the sheep, squish the yarn, shop in person in the studio, take a class, hear how Morehouse Farm got it’s start, join in the Rhinebeck Sweater picture and … even knit in the company of sheep!
We know, though, that things are still a bit uncertain as the world reopens and we want to make sure that we can get together safely.
To help us make sure we’re able to give everyone enough room, and not overrun the pastures with parking, we’re asking that you choose when you’d like to visit and RSVP.
Then we’ll also have a way to contact you if anything changes!
And we’ll also have the attendee list for when the Guinness Book of World Records wants to verify our challenge. 🙂
Here are the important things to know. Please read carefully so that there are no surprises!
1. First, choose your time slot(s) and RSVP.
2. You’ll add your name and email address. (This does not add you to our email list; it will only be used to contact you about information relating to Open Farm Day. If you’d like to join our email list, you can do that at www.morehousefarm.com/news!)
3. Each person should reserve their own ticket; that way we contact individuals as needed.
4. You’re welcome to come at any time during your slot; there’s no need to arrive right at 10 and stay until 12 if you have a lunch date!
5. Car pooling is highly encouraged.
6. We trust our customers to make honest, safe, and respectful decisions about wearing a face covering.
Here’s the event schedule:
Morning Visit – 10 am to 12 pm
you may like to take a class!
Amy Snell the Devious Knitter teaches Introduction to Brioche from 9-12. For more information and to register, click here.
Mid-Day Visit – 12pm – 2 pm
RSVP to this time if you’d like to participate in
– The Atlantis Tunic Group Photo at 12:15 pm
– Abrecht’s talk on How Morehouse Farm Got its Start at 1:30 pm
– Amy Snell teaches Brioche Explorers from 1-4 pm. For more information and to register, click here!
Afternoon 2 pm – 4:30 pm
– RSVP to this time if you’d like to participate in
our World Record Attempt for the Most People Knitting in the Company of Sheep.
Bring your own chair or grab a spot on a bale of hay (limited seating) and settle in starting around 3:15 pm, we’ll take the official count at 3:30 pm. Then you’re welcome to knit on until the end of our event (4:30 pm), or pop pack to the studio to finish your shopping!