2-Ply Yarn for the Tansie Wrap
Our January 2020 Knitalong is another beauty from the Louisa Harding Book “Shawls, Wraps and Scarves” which you can find at your local book store, yarn store, or on Amazon for home delivery.
It takes three skeins of Morehouse Merino 2-Ply Sport – or click here for the lace version!
You will also need:
– 1106 size 6 (6/0) beads – look for THREE containers of 25g
If you’re near Woodbury, CT – try Sharon at Beads & More – and she will do mail order or curbside pickup!
– a tiny crochet hook that fits through the bead (1.0 mm will generally work) or dental floss threaders (THIS is a really cool trick, wait until you see the videos!)
– Louisa’s book: Shawls, Wraps, and Scarves
- The Beaded Picot Cast-On
- Beading with a variety of techniques, you choose your favorite!
- Yarn-overs to create lacy stitches
- k2tog and SSK decreases, which lean in opposite directions for symmetry
- Reading our knitting so that we don’t have to count every stitch on every row. It’s an absolutely AMAZING feeling to be able to trust yourself that it will all work out
- creating TIME to be able to make this beautiful wrap
- building the confidence to make this wrap – and EVERYTHING ELSE on your wish list
Get your yarn and supplies, we cast on January 1!
Join the Morehouse Merino Flock Knitalong group on Facebook.
Want something more? As in, a quiet place to focus on our craft, away from the noise of social media, with access to your own private knitting instructor and virtual group events to keep you connected during the winter ahead? We have an idea… let us know if you’d like to learn more!