The Morehouse Hat by VanessaKnits KnitKit
A cozy and warm cold-weather accessory.Â Designed by VanessaKnits in Morehouse Bulky, we hope this is the first of many exciting collaborations.
Size:Â Adult (the very stretchy 16″ finished hat size can accommodate head circumferences up to 22″.Â Have a bigger head like me?Â Play with gauge!)
Yarn:Â One skein of Morehouse Merino Bulky
Needles: US #10 1/2 (6.5mm) circular or DPN for ribbing
US #13 (9.0mm) circular; you may want DPNs for crown shaping
(use 16″ circular needles to knit in the round OR 32″ or longer for Magic Loop)
Notions:Â cable needle, stitch marker, tapestry needle .Scissors, DPNs (or magic loop) for crown shaping
Colorway:Â Shown in Oatmeal
This gorgeous hat will help you learn or practice:
- getting rid of that uneven first stitch that always happens when knitting in the round
- better knitting in the round, particularly with DPNs
- reading our knitting – so yes, you can knit without markers everywhere!
- making cables without a cable needle
- Norwegian purling (which allows Continental knitters to keep the yarn in back)
- and more!
Knit along with us and not only will you meet the most supportive group of knitters, you’ll find an incredible resource that’s like having a round-the-clock knitting coach!Â Instead of speed, our knitalongs focus on learning and techniques, so you can knit at your own pace and enjoy your project.
You may also like the matching shawl Vanessa just designed!