The Morehouse Hat by VanessaKnits KnitKit
A cozy and warm cold-weather accessory. Designed by VanessaKnits in Morehouse Bulky, we hope this is the first of many exciting collaborations.
Size: Adult (the very stretchy 16″ finished hat size can accommodate head circumferences up to 22″. Have a bigger head like me? Play with gauge!)
Yarn: One skein of Morehouse Merino Bulky
Needles: US #10 1/2 (6.5mm) circular or DPN for ribbing
US #13 (9.0mm) circular; you may want DPNs for crown shaping
(use 16″ circular needles to knit in the round OR 32″ or longer for Magic Loop)
Notions: cable needle, stitch marker, tapestry needle .Scissors, DPNs (or magic loop) for crown shaping
Join our KNITALONG beginning 8/30/19, where we’ll knit this gorgeous hat to learn or practice:
- getting rid of that uneven first stitch that always happens when knitting in the round
- better knitting in the round, particularly with DPNs
- reading our knitting – so yes, you can knit without markers everywhere!
- making cables without a cable needle
- Norwegian purling (which allows Continental knitters to keep the yarn in back)
- and more!
Knit along with us and not only will you meet the most supportive group of knitters, you’ll find an incredible resource that’s like having a round-the-clock knitting coach! Instead of speed, our knitalongs focus on learning and techniques, so you can knit at your own pace and enjoy your project.