Join our November Knitalong to learn (or practice) fair isle knitting for a good cause!
We had such a great reponse to the Harriet’s Hat Knitalong, we’re doing it again with the Mittens, Gloves, and Fingerless Gloves. (If you’re just joining us, read more about it here.)
Choose your project – and you’re welcome to join in and knit a hat or headband too.
In our Knitalong, you’ll learn:
- the turn back cuff
- the afterthought thumb
- friction splicing (you can never love a yarn enough when you can join skeins without knots!)
- weaving in your ends as you go
- and much more!
First time fair-isle knitters, you are most welcome. If you can knit, you CAN do this. And we’re here to help every step of the way.
Here’s how this knitalong will work:
1) Get your pattern right from the MRI Makers (PDF dowload) OR we will have hard copies available (click here to pre-order). Yes, the ferry fairy is helping us get them to farm! (The joke is that to get pretty much anywhere from Lerwick, you take a ferry. 🙂 )
2) Choose your yarn colors in 2-ply. We’ve put THIS BUNDLE of 6 skeins together for you – they’re the Morehouse version of the colors used in the Harriet projects! This much yarn will make you at least 3, probably 4 items, depending on which project and the color distribution you choose. So while it’s an investment, it’s several holiday gifts. It includes one skein each of sunflower, bluegrey, aqua, midnight, royal, and natural soft white.
Want to try it in just 2 colors to make things less complicated? That’s how I did my swatch, whatcha think? You will have enough yarn to make a hat and another item out of 2 skeins. HOWEVER, if you lean heavily on one color for the background (such as I did with the plum here, get a second skein of the main color to be safe).
3) Join our knitalong group at www.Facebook.com/groups/MorehouseFarm. We have daily work goals, how-to videos, and some amazing knitting friends that will encourage you every step of the way. Our knitalongs are about learning, not speed, so you work at your own pace and enjoy the journey. Read more about how our knitalongs work here.
Glad to have you with us, you’re going to love this group.
Mark your calendars – we cast on November 1st!